Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So..

2010 has come and gone now. I can honestly say that it was one of the best year in my life. Sure, it had it's load of bad stuff but I retrospective it was pretty good overall. I can only hope for 2011 to be even better!

Anyway, I didn't do anything special on New Year's Eve. I watched a movie named Mein Name ist Bach, which is obviously a movie about the compositor Johann Sebastian Bach and, guess who? Frederick II of Prussia! Hehehe. It was pretty good, my mom loved it. I loved it too, I mean, a movie with der alter Fritz! Of course I have to love it. Even though Fritz was kinda portrayed as the ''bad guy''. While I'm sure Fritz was rather autoritarian, I believe he never was as mean and egoistic as he was in this movie. But yeah, that's just me, you know I like him a lot so obviously I don't think he's cruel or anything.

So yeah, on the first I saw my family and it was nice, there were some people I hadn't talked to in a long time and I kinda missed them. I dressed really aristocratic, with my pocket watch and all, it was awesome. That night I watched Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain with my cousin. I realized that when I saw that movie has a kid, I never fully understood it .. now I think I do. It's really good in any case. I love how it manages to be a love movie without being completely cheesy, it's a nice change.

Anyway, yesterday I saw yet another movie, this time in theatres with one of my friend. We went to see Tangled, Raiponce in french [what an ugly name, I prefer Rapunzel ..]. It was much better than I expected! Maybe it's just me but I think it has the overall ''feel'' of older disney movies [like snow white or cinderella]. Even the animation is similar, it's the same style of drawing, but in 3D. There's even songs! Yeah, a classic Disney movie, I recommend it, it's really good.

Before that though, I went shopping with my parents and we went to Fabricville to buy, well, fabrics. And patterns. I bought a pattern for 3 lolita-ish skirts. They're a bit too short to be truly lolita but otherwise they have the right shape and all! It's apparently easy too. Also, I saw a pattern for historical 18th century clothes, and it really looks like the prussian uniform if we changed the colors! Since it was at halfprice I also bought it. I definitely want to do a Prussia cosplay now. The difficulty is average so I'll wait a bit though. But it's cool, the pattern includes everything, the tricorne hat, the jacket, the shirt, the vest and the pants. Oh yeah, the uniform I'm talking about is pretty much this one :


I'll need to change the jacket a bit and make the white thingy from scratch, aswell as the jabot but otherwise I've got everything. Also I want to make that decoration thing he has, and GILBIRD. WITH A TRICORNE HAT. OH YEAH. Can't be a Prussia without a chick~

I'm really motivated right now, if you can't guess XD This entry is getting long so I'll stop it there. I should make a new design for this blog .. anyway.

/kazumi

No comments:

Post a Comment